THE MULLUM MULLUM FESTIVAL STUDENT PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
Students from Years 4 to 10 are invited to participate
in the competition and submit photos of:
“The natural and cultural values of the Mullum Mullum Valley”
The competition opens 17 August 2015 and closes on 26 October 2015 at midnight.
Entries will be judged in two categories:
Students in Years 4 – 6 and Students in Years 7-10
The photos will be judged by professional nature photographers and the winners will be announced at the Mullum Mullum Festival opening day on 15th November at
Yarran Dheran Reserve, Mitcham
- Photographs may be of indigenous wildlife, plants and landscapes, and/or
represent the Aboriginal cultural values of the Mullum Mullum area.
- Each student may enter no more than two photos per person.
- Photo entries must be A4 size maximum if mounted (unmounted photos will be accepted up to maximum size of A4).
HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
- Read the Conditions of Entry.
- Take your photo(s) of the natural and cultural values of the Mullum Mullum Valley
- Print out your photo(s)
- Download, print and complete the entry form and sign the relevant section. (If either you or the person/people included in your photo are under 18 years of age, you must obtain parental/guardian approval.)
- On the back of each A4 photo, include the following information:
- your name
- your age
- your address
- the photo’s caption
- where the photo was taken
- Mail your photo together with the entry form to:
Mullum Mullum Festival PO Box 173 Mitcham 3132
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1 Copyright and Permissions
1.1 By entering this contest, you confirm that for each photo submitted –
- You alone are the author and that it is your original work;
- Has not been manipulated or adjusted apart from cropping, adjusting the tone, brightness, contrast, and sharpening; (Photoshopping, overlaying images and forming collages or composite images is not allowed😉
- You are the sole copyright holder;
- You have the permission of any persons appearing in the photo, or if they are under 16, the consent of their parent or guardian, for the photo to be used for the purpose of entering and promoting the competition;
- That your photo has not been a winning or shortlisted entry in any other competition;
- You will be responsible for any claims (including for royalties, fees or any other monies) made by any third party in respect of your entry, and fully indemnify The Mullum Mullum Festival Inc. and its sponsors in respect of any claims made.
1.2 The Mullum Mullum Festival Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that does not comply with any of the above.
2 Unacceptable content
2.1 The Mullum Mullum Festival Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry –
- That contains content deemed threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, or otherwise inappropriate, at the discretion of the Committee;
- That contains any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
- The Mullum Mullum Festival Inc. respects your rights to your own work and does not claim ownership or copyright for photos submitted to the contest. You will retain full ownership and copyright of each entry.
- Whenever your work is published by The Mullum Mullum Festival Inc. you will be credited, although failure to publish a credit due to error or oversight will not be deemed a breach of this condition.
4 Use of photos
4.1 By entering this contest, you agree that any photos you submit may be used by The Mullum Mullum Festival Inc. solely for marketing and promotional purposes of this contest or future contests and no other purpose.These uses include:
- judging the competition;
- displaying the entries on the competition website;
- displaying the entries at public exhibitions to promote the competition;
- displaying the entries in a book, magazine, brochures, calendar or similar media to promote the competition, cropping and re-sizing the work as necessary to fit predefined formats to promote the competition;
- allowing reproduction of entries by the press in connection with the competition and any related exhibitions;
- inclusion within any other materials promoting the competition or any exhibition of works from this competition organised by The Mullum Mullum Festival Inc.
4.2 You grant The Mullum Mullum Festival Inc. approval to use any media containing your entry as described in 4.1 above for 3 years following the date of announcing the winners.
4.3 You acknowledge responsibility for protecting your entry against misuse by third parties, by for example, but not limited to, inserting a watermark identifying the work as yours. The Mullum Mullum Festival Inc. cannot assume responsibility and is not liable for any misuse of works by a third party.
4.4 Should any work uses beyond those needed to promote the contest arise, you will be contacted and given the opportunity to negotiate any such use with the Festival Committee independently of the competition.
For more information about the competition contact:
Monique on 03 9719 7661, email@example.com or David on Mob 0409 519 829